Sick of the Soft

You may remember I built a PC not to long ago and it's still kickin'. I installed Windows XP 64 bit with every intention of replacing it with Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty Jackalope" when I had the opertunity... it is still running windows. While I may be excited at the prospect of a new Windows OS like Win 7 releasing in October, I want my Linux and I want it on my primary system. More over, I want to play games and use Photoshop IN Linux.

I was told recently that this is doable and I plan to test that theory by formatting my system tonight and installing Ubuntu. It may be after my upcoming trip to Sacramento, but I will find out soon if I'll be able to WoW (yes I reactivated the account for a month or two) and Photoshop CS4 my way to glory.

By the by, I'm currently running Linux Mint on my smaller, older system. It's almost as pretty as Ubuntu and like Ubuntu, it's using the Gnome gui which, as we all know, is much better than KDE. Do we all know that? I don't weven think we all agree on that, but it's my opinion. At any rate, it's a nice system and I'll be installing Fedora on yet another old system when it arrives at the PC grave yard, aka my home office. One day I'll get around to posting screen shots of all these desktops so you can see what it is I'm rambling on and on and on about.

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum